Medical and Dental Clinic
NEW SONG CLINIC OFFERS 2 EXCELLENT DENTISTS AND QUALITY MEDICAL SPECIALISTS CARE: ULTRASOUND, INTERNIST, PEDIATRICIAN, GYNECOLOGIST, NEUROLOGIST, ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON AND ORTHODONTIST TO PROVIDE FOR THE NEEDS OF THE POOR.
NEW SONG CLINIC PARTNERS ARE A VALUABLE PART OF THIS TEAM. WE WELCOME AND CELEBRATE SEVERAL NEW MONTHLY SUPPORT PARTNERS WHO HELPED PROVIDE OUR 2020 ANNUAL GOAL OF $50.000.00 BY APRIL. WE NOW GIVE THANKS FOR $37,410.00 TOWARD OUR 2021 $50,000.00 ANNUAL GOAL! GIVE HERE!
Thank you for your relationships and generosity which have supplied all we have needed to help many people and demonstrating the love of God in a time of darkness and desperation, that has turned into fertile fields of more people coming to Jesus.
NEW SONG CLINIC GOOD NEWS:
HOW GOD USED COVID-19
The Lord amazes us as we watch how He birthed beautiful surprises out of the 2020 chaos here in Nicaragua. As we all have, we had to pivot to follow God during this crazy year. Looking back now we can see His redemption in new ways to LOVE people and promote His gospel through New Song Clinic!
- April– July- Covid19 came late, ravaged the country and left early here. During the outbreak we closed everything, began online prayer groups and worked covertly in the clinic to buy and pack food and medicine to care for 180 families and 80 children for 2 months, working through the 6 pastors and their leadership network.
- August– We opened the clinic and had to rebuild. We sent medicine through the Pastors to those who we were sick yet were not permitted to be treated within the clinic. Praise God everyone in New Song recuperated, 0 deaths!
- September/ October– We were full of patients again, especially our Psychologist, Dr. Emil, because many had been affected by the fear, isolation and lack. We are blessed to have skilled professionals who are able to offer help, body soul and spirit. This inspired us to begin the “Mobile Ministry,” where Diego takes a group of volunteers in my truck, with the speakers and microphones hooked up, into different communities. We continue to go 2-3 times a weeks to bring the presence of God in worship and groups of people available to pray in the houses and encourage the people. We have been able to learn of needs first hand, like a young boy with cerebral palsy, who is now receiving monthly help through a sister who loves children. This incredible outpouring of love has not only brought many to Christ but has transformed those who have participated.This is the way to make disciples who make disciples.
- November- Prison Ministry Opportunity! We were not permitted to enter and actually do a medical mission November 19th, but they allowed us to bring 120 meals to be distributed in the prison. Pastor Bismarck’s team prepared the food early in the am and all of the children and youth from all 6 churches drew pictures and wrote notes to the prisoners to include in their food gift. One 8 year old girl wrote: Hello, I don’t know you but God knows you. I want to tell you that God will help you to go ahead. She drew a heart around it. At the bottom it said I want to give you Jn 3:16 and Jer, 33.3. PRECIOUS! (Photos below)
- December– Our radiologist is offering his time (almost free) to serve the people with our ultrasound machine, which was a gift from Samaritans Purse and world medical missions, twice a week in the month of December. As our Christmas present to the churches we were able to give each pastor a piñata, candy, 20 balls to play with and have competitions to win and refreshments or a small meal. We are so happy to be a part of the unity, care for one another and love that is radiating from New Song Mission Nicaragua. It is more beautiful than ever before. This coming week we have our annual Clinic Christmas party and secret Santa.
The favor of God in 2021 has brought many new patients.
- To offer quality dental and health ministry with Nicaraguan professionals carrying the love of Christ to help their own people at an affordable price.
- To support our pastors with access for them to provide health care to their 6 communities
- To open up new areas to take the gospel through meeting health needs in new communities
- To collaborate with medical specialists to provide quality care for specific and urgent medical needs, that would otherwise be unavailable.
- To have a fund to provide medicine for the adults and youth without resources, in benevolence
- To offer quality medical specialists care: Ultrasound, Internist, Pediatrician, Gynecologist, Neurologist, orthopedic surgeon and orthodontist to provide for the needs of the poor.
- To serve in the Chinadega Prison 2 times in 2021
- To host an annual fundraiser, each May, to support the ministries of the clinic.
- To add a third Dentist, fully equipped dental office and a Panorex X-Ray room
We support the Pastors as they develop their 7 communities.
DR. EMIL AND PROJECT NEW LIFE
In our first five weeks hosting “Project New Life” our pastors and their communities have been very encouraged to hear people say how grateful they feel for God to bring this effective ministry to them- the gift of a Christian psychologist. The biggest problem that Dr. Emil has encountered is men abusing their authority. In several cases we have seen God begin to restore the families who had lived with such suffering. This is an enormous battle, much like David against Goliath, and our communities are in great need of help. Through the help of some compassionate donors, the five pastors and one psychologist we have been able to help more than 50 people in this past month. When Dr. Emil began his work with those in need, they felt no purpose in their lives, they were absorbed in their fears, anger, resentment and sadness. Life has begun to take on a better perspective. God is in process and He is beginning a great restoration.
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT:
- Anna, a 14-year-old girl who lives with her grandmother and her grandmother’s boyfriend. When Anna was 11 years old she began to be sexually abused by this man. She was full of fear and had hardened her heart to protect herself. Of course she suffers great insecurity but with the help of God and the ministry of Dr. Emil, she is on the road to recovery, hopeful and encouraged.
- The second case is about the Lopez family, a mother, three children 17, 15, and 13. For years before, when the father had been at home they had been considered a model family within the church. Recently, the father changed drastically and he left with another woman forgetting that he had a wife and children. No one was prepared for this and the whole family fell into a deep depression. They could not understand what happened and they lost their sense of loving life and they hated the father. Death became desirable. The children rebelled toward their mother and drifted away from God the whole family was in shambles. Dr. Emil came into their lives at this time the youngest daughter was in danger of running away with a young man. Through God’s help through Project New Life their faith in Jesus was restored and the family is forgiving, trusting God, pulling together and forging ahead.
- The third case is about Martha a 13 year old who never knew her father. He left when she was one-year-old and he never visited again. A few months later her mother gave her to a family who could care for her. Martha was only there a short while before her mother took her back because she couldn’t live without her. Financially she just couldn’t raise her, so she gave her to another couple and they raised her until she was nine. When her mother came and took her away again, she gave her to an aunt who did not take good care of her. Martha practically raised her self alone she had no example of a healthy family, no values or principles, much less what love is. During her studies she met a 17-year-old boy who convinced her she would be better off living with him. They left together and it was a few days before anyone knew where she was. In 3 weeks, through the New Life project she is finding life to fill such a void. She has been eager to learn about God’s values and principles and above all about the love of Christ. She is allowing Him to heal her wounds and begin the process to change her life for the better. Her countenance is one of hope and joy now.